Monday, January 2, 2017

Tip #17: Start your official training runs or "pre-runs"

OK, this might seem obvious. They key to your journey will be two things related to starting. First, you have to start. Second, be patient. Every training season I have experienced some early frustration with my pace or something related to training. Getting a jump on your training runs is important. I try to run consistently before I start training. 3-5 miles a day is good, if you can swing it.

The good news, you will get better over your time in training. Your patience will be rewarded on race day (at the finish line).

Speaking of finish line, I am motivated by the people who are at the end of the race...my family.

Check this photo of my son and I at the finish line in Chicago 2012.

Love that feeling. Love the cowbell. Need more.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved