Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Trait #3 Strength

This is a great trait, strength. The article describes the elements as being tough and flexible. In the marathon, there will always be some sort of a curve ball or significant challenge. For me, I have run three different full marathons and I have encountered the following:

  • Mild muscle cramps (my first marathon)
  • Severe muscle cramps (my second marathon)
  • Forgetting to take the right amount of fuel (my second marathon)

Notice the trend, I didn't write about the third marathon. I changed my plan on the third and it worked. Strength is inherent in the marathon. In my first two marathons, I had to revise my plans, remain flexible and I had to BELIEVE. 

Being strong will help you in anything you do, but especially the full marathon.



Image source: 
http://funny-pictures.picphotos.net/philippians-4-13-bible-http-bibleencyclopedia-com-slides-philippians/bibleencyclopedia.com*kjvsmall*KJV_Philippians_4-13.jpg/

The full article can be found here:
Click here for the full article

1 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of a story I read once ;Frank Shorter is doing his thing and he turns to the guy next to him and says "if only Pheidippides died at mile 17 - this would be so much easier"

    ReplyDelete

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved