Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Enthusiasm

One of my favorite authors (Jon Gordon) talked about five keys to his week, and I really liked the “Attack the day with enthusiasm”. As a runner, I think this is the most critical element of your training. If possible, it is great to use Monday and Tuesday as a “set the tone” day. 

This is where the enthusiasm comes in. Here is what I do during my runs:
  • I smile often. It provides me with a gigantic lift.
  • I visualize a race. I look for the fans and pump them up. My neighborhood must think I am crazy.
  • I say a quick prayer at the beginning of the run and at the end. It helps me give thanks for the gift of running. Also, I say the prayers for others that need it.
  • I use a playlist to generate momentum. I like heavy metal and fast songs….they drive me forward.
  • JP- I run for the most fantastic little person. I was matched through the “I RUN 4” organization.  JP has dravet syndrome and he is such a fighter. Throughout my time with you JP, it has been such a miracle. You make me a better person- thank you! Your mom is amazing too, she loves you so much and will always be there for you.



As you set the tone for your week, attack your runs with enthusiasm. Have you ever notices that the most successful people in life are the most enthusiastic? This is not a coincidence- smile, give thanks and make your run a special celebration for your day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved