Friday, November 22, 2013

The rhythm of your run and CADENCE

 In business, we talk about the term cadence. This often refers to a leader’s pace, reaction and tenor for a certain situation. This element of cadence is extremely important throughout any measure of leadership.  A strong leader with a consistent cadence will maintain control.

Interestingly enough, the term of cadence is applied the same way for running. It’s not easy to address cadence on a treadmill, as the pace is dictated. However, your cadence throughout outdoor runs or races is critical to your success. Race conditions change and race conditions may present interesting challenges for you.


I believe this is why it is good to change up your runs, strategies and incorporate conditions that you may face during a race. In the summer, I try to run in the heat, rain, etc. I do this because you never know what it’s going to be like on race day. When I find a challenging condition during training, I work on practicing my cadence. It’s a fun way to get better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved