Monday, September 28, 2015

Quad City Marathon Recap

Yesterday, I successfully completed the Quad City Marathon. What a fun race! I LOVED so many aspects of it. The people (fans), the volunteers, friends and my biggest fans (Teri and Nile) were AMAZING! 

Chad and Heather- thank you so much for lettings us stay at your house. It was so much fun to visit with the Natalie and Kaitlyn...and our night with Shawn, Michelle and Alex was magical. I am so proud of you all. You guys have wonderful families. Your mom and dad are proud! Your generosity and friendship means the world to us and it was such a highlight to the weekend.

Today I gave Nile a granola bar from the race. He said "did they give one to Natalie?...I am not eating it. Make sure she is OK". Needless to say, he really enjoyed this weekend and we have to do it again.

I will never forget Teri driving me to the start and helped me get motivated for my journey. I loved seeing Teri and Nile at mile 25. I LOVED seeing Nile run along with me. This powered me through the last 1.2 miles. They sure were longer than expected. YAHOO.

I did the pump and run. I benched 170 lbs. fifteen times and curled 95 lbs. nine times. It was great to give back to charity.

My mile dedications were spot on all day.

I will share more later this week. Thank each and every one of you for supporting me. It means the world! This is me before the race, all smiles and ready.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved