Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Tribute to Tyler Sash

The other day my wife called to tell me that Tyler Sash passed away. I was in shock. I hoped it was a hoax. I have never met Tyler Sash, but saw him play football for my beloved Hawkeyes and the New York Giants. I loved how real Tyler Sash was. As a fan, I appreciated his love for the game, intensity and passion.

He played hard and was a true Hawkeye at heart. Personally, he represents a time where I was struggling with my father's cancer. I vividly remember close games in 2009. I was able to watch many games with my Dad. He loved Adrian Claiborn, Derell Johnson-Koulianos, Tony Moeaki, Ricky Stanzi and Marvin McNutt. Above all, he loved Tyler Sash.

He loved every aspect of how he played. My Dad would say he defines a "Norm Parker" player. My Dad was right. I can see Tyler Sash playing the part of a "fireman" to put out the fire started by the opposing team's offense.

So when I got the call from my wife, I was stunned. It conjured up some feelings. I feel for Tyler's family and friends. The loss is unthinkable. The Hawkeye family is grieving too. Tyler Sash was the  definition of a Hawkeye.

Over the next week, I will write about my experiences in watching Tyler Sash. Heads up for a post about how he saved the season against the Indiana Hoosiers. More on that later.

Rest in Peace Tyler Sash.

GBNB
#9
#RIPTylerSash

Image source:
http://qctimes.com/gallery/photos-tyler-sash/collection_4c1812d8-5655-11e5-8d64-b72ad45c88ff.html#0



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved