Saturday, February 20, 2016

Do I run a full marathon this year?

Oh boy, this is on my mind right now. Someone asked me if I have a big race coming up this year. I answered with "yes" and "no". I have registered with a couple of relay teams. The run for troops and market-to-market. They both will be FUN races.

GULP. 

The no part. I have not signed up for a full marathon yet. I have a goal of running 10 total or more. I am up to 5 right now. I could stop at 5 and be fully content.

But then there is the wolf at the door. I love it. The training, the grind, getting in better shape, challenging myself physically and mentally. My last race was awesome. I didn't PR, I didn't care. I had my best race and effort.

Here are my options right now:

  • Run a downhill race (full marathon) out west.
  • Run a full marathon in a vacation location. 
  • Run the quad city marathon again- it was so much fun.
  • Run the Chicago Marathon, my hometown, my family, the site of my first marathon. I have run it three times. Pay for it outright. 
  • Run the Chicago Marathon for a charity.
  • Run a "fast" half marathon. 
So many things to consider, whoa. If you have an opinion, let me know:) 

Image source:
 http://www.thetakeaway.org/story/how-fight-gray-wolf-was-won-and-lost/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved