Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Mission Accomplished!

Ever since I can remember, I LOVED halloween. I love the Great Pumpkin, trick-or-treating, pumpkins, skeletons, etc.

As an adult, I always hoped to have a child to share this joy with. My wife and I were blessed with the most amazing miracle ever, and this year he dressed up as a giraffe! This brings me to a yearly ritual we have called trick-or-treating in the tractor. I have summarized for you my tips for successful trick or treating with pictures!

The cutest giraffe!


1. Safety first: It's all about the children and we must be careful. No beer while driving:) I was always checking to make sure my passenger in the trailer was OK and hanging on. For good measure, I had reflective gear and lights on the tractor.
2. Have a plan and execute: We trained for this. Nile and Azel were quick out of the gate, running in the gap houses!
3. Good faith payments: Remember, these little people are still tiny and need FUEL. It's good to let them eat some candy during the mission. It keeps them fueled and focused!

4. Have some fun along the way. Which guy is scarier?

5. Motivate: I kept saying to my two little people "we trained all year for this- WOO HOO!" Yes we sure did!
6. Have goals! We wanted to hit our entire subdivision and this year we accomplished it!
7. Celebrate the win! Pixie stick freebasing! Payback from all the years we used to hand out 3 foot pixie sticks!

Until next year.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved