Thursday, November 13, 2014

Hey Dad, I miss you every day.

Five years ago today, my Dad passed away. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him or miss him like crazy. I am glad he was able to see his grandson in person. I wish he could see him now or we could talk about him. I know he does and that helps me.

I wish that I could play one more round of golf, shoot the breeze, talk Hawkeye football, laugh together, ask his advice, smile and enjoy being with my Dad. I would give anything.

It goes without saying, but today reach out to a family member you haven't talked to in awhile. Enjoy them while you have that moment, it's so important. Tell them you love them.

I would like to share with you a couple of fun things. First, you will see a picture of Shonn Greene and a run he had against Wisconsin in 2008. It was my Dad's favorite run and he enjoyed Shonn Greene. He liked Shonn Greene because he made mistakes, worked hard to make a come back, never quit, competed and was a true Hawkeye. This run was a classic example of him being successful, against a good team.



Last, my Dad loved the song "Heavy Fuel" by the Dire Straits. He played it a lot. I enjoy it more than ever. I would suspect he would really enjoy the live version. Give it a listen and I hope it makes you smile. I miss you Dad- every single day. 



Image source:
http://stephenmally.photoshelter.com/gallery/NCAA-Football-Wisconsin-v-Iowa-October-18-2008/G0000zphlG9i26MI/1/C0000vNxk5E89hSY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved