Sunday, December 29, 2013

Love

Love

In 2013, I realized how much I love running. It was the first year in four years that I did not run a full marathon. I ran this year, but not as much of “racing”. I really missed the discipline and challenge of the full marathon. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

The marathon presents a couple of challenges:
  • 18 weeks of training
  • Blisters and other ailments
  • Time away from your family
  • A physical challenge
  • A severe mental challenge


Believe it or not, the opportunities outweigh any challenges! Here are just a few:
  • You find out more about yourself
  • Better fitness
  • Mental toughness
  • You learn more songs*
  • You lose weight
  • You “feel” great
  • You celebrate with friends and family


*During mile 20-26.2, I have my friends suggest songs and I their songs to think of them and battle through the tough miles. It’s so much fun!!!!

Marathon: We will be getting acquainted again in 2014!
Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved