Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just Compete!

As many of you already know about me, I love competition. Every single aspect about competing, I love it. This week I am dedicating my blog to the legendary Dan Gable. If you look in the dictionary for the term competitor or competition, they will always have a picture of Dan or a footnote with reference to him.

I have met Dan and listened to him talk about courage, training, work ethic, belief, preparation and execution.  This is his recipe to compete. Dan had the whole package as a collegiate wrestler and Olympian. He won gold in 1972 and his collegiate record was 181-1.

Dan always believed that he could win. Check out these two quotes:

As a wrestler he said “I shoot, I score. He shoots, I score”
As a coach he said “The first period is won by the best technician. The second period is won by the kid in the best shape. The third is won by the kid with the biggest heart”

All of this relates to you, business, running or whatever you compete in. Have a winning attitude and bring your bag of courage. When you do, it will result in the win. Just ask Dan.

Check out this image created by one of his former wrestlers at the University of Iowa (go hawks):

Source:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved