Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Presence and Attitude

Are you here? Can they feel you? Are you seen? How do you feel?
Good questions- right?

When you step into a start corral or business meeting, can you feel your emotional energy, confidence and “mojo”? If you feel it, then others will too.

A week or so ago, a coworker said “Jim you are the noisiest person” …..I took this as a complimentJ

It’s because I like to clap, sing and I really enjoy the privilege of being on the earth- alive.

If you have raced with me, I do the same thing. I high five and pump up any kids at the race. If a fan has a great sign, I will visibly let them know it. 

I know the experts say to conserve your energy, but I really enjoy connecting with the crowds. People enjoy it too, for the most partJ It’s my way of saying “thank you”. Also, I am letting you know that I am there.

People like people that are present. 

For the metal fans out there, you can imagine the energy and vocals of Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden front man). Just like me, he is energetic and noisy. I am told he runs well too. Maybe we will cross paths and sing you a tune. We will both be loud, but odds are he will sound better. I won't know the differenceJ

Go- be present and have fun!

Here is a clip of a great song you will enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLIu3DvUbiI



Image source:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved