Thursday, February 27, 2014

Never Give Up!

Just before my father passed away from cancer, he said this to me “Jimmy- one thing that I have always admired about you is the fact that you NEVER give up.” He went on to talk about how I would always believe in myself despite a dire circumstance. I could tell you many stories about why this is important. 

However, I will leave the talking to Babe Ruth. He said this “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up”.

As a runner, I have endured many challenges. During the 2011 Chicago Marathon, I started having leg cramps at mile 14. I have never cramped that early or that bad. To get through, I had to rely heavily on my determination and self-talk. I remembered how proud my Dad was of my never give up attitude. My time was off, but I finished. To this day, I have many great finishes. This was my greatest though, as I faced something truly difficult and never gave up. Dad- you were with me the whole time and thank you!
As you work on your running or business career, do you have moments like this?

Never give up!


Image Source:

http://www.thedebtprincess.com/2012/06/22/never-give-up-my-experience-with-time-warner-cable/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved