Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fans loved Norm!

This past football season, my son and I were walking to Kinnick and had this fun exchange with Norm Parker. Norm was driving his golf cart through the crowd. It was awesome. My son is 4, so you can imagine how much fun he had with this.

I told my son that is “NORM” on the golf tractor (we call golf carts golf tractors). My son loved my enthusiasm for saying Norm’s name, so he did this….

My son shouted: NORM!
Norm (waves): Hey little guy.
My son (shouts): I am Nile.
Norm: Love your name.
My son Nile: go hawks.
Norm: Gave my son a HUGE SMILE!

You could tell that Norm loved the fans. We loved him. It has often been said that to get love, you have to give it. Norm- we are sure going to miss you a ton. Your spirit will always live in Iowa City.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved