Saturday, May 10, 2014

Trail run success!

Today I ran the MVRA trail run (10K). It was a great race! The weather was amazing and I achieved a personal record for a 10K. I learned a ton about myself today. 

Today I attacked the course early and battled 10 seconds of self doubt. Toward the end of the race, I remembered how to finish. My Spotify song selection rocked me through too. I listened to "Let it go" for my son Nile. It made a huge difference for me. I was doing his hand gestures too. I think the people around me thought I was CRAZY. 

:) 

The race today had so many great stories. I was lucky to take part in it. Thank you to all of the volunteers and race workers. You all are amazing! I am pictured here in the shades, head band and white Calico Bean Market shirt:) 



Image source:
www.facebook.com/MiaBurbach

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved