Monday, August 25, 2014

Running Behind?

As many of you know, I have a goal in mind for the marine corps marathon. My goal is a PR. Today, I was thinking about my last couple of weeks of running. They have been solid from a mileage stand point. However, I need to continue my focus on getting faster. 

The past two weeks I have "slid" a bit on my overall pace per mile. It's not something to panic about-yet. I have time to re-calibrate and figure out my plan of attack. The marathon is a long haul with many ups-downs and trips sideways. I am a three time finisher and can attest to the perils of training and the race. Tomorrow, I will re-focus my energies on smiling more during my runs and a slightly elevated pace. The hard work is now. This week I am excited as it is "dress rehearsal week". This means a little less mileage and a half marathon at the end of the week! YES! It's time to test the plan.



Image Source:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54480724@N05/11313318154/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved