Tuesday, September 16, 2014

#2 Focus

Today, I will briefly discuss the element of focus and distance running. A number of things can happen to you while running or preparing for a big race. During training, the miles rack up. You have a schedule and you just go. This is good, but you may have to start approaching your runs with more "focus". To be specific, what is your goal of the run. How will you execute to meet your goal.

This is important. This year, I have been really trying harder to focus during training. About 1/4 of the way through my program, I notice myself just "running". I reminded myself to focus on a specific goal.

Why do this? Well, during a big race you will have distractions or unexpected things that happen. Your focus will guide you to your goal. At the end of a full marathon, it's a super challenge. The last six miles are the most difficult stretches of land. I say, it's the piece of land that everyone wants...but to earn them is different. You have to earn the line and focus will get you there!

Tomorrow, I will talk about strength.



Image source:
https://sysministriesinc.wordpress.com/tag/1-timothy-414/

The full article can be found here:
Click here for the full article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved