Friday, September 19, 2014

Trait #4 Preparation

Trait #4 is preparation! This one is a favorite of mine. When you run a marathon, things happen. Successful marathon finishers can anticipate the combinations of things that can happen and they adjust.

Some of the most common issues that can come up are as follows:

  • Running too fast out of the gate
  • Falling behind
  • Missing fuel
  • Cramps
  • Mild injuries (i.e. blisters)

During my second marathon, I had severe cramping issues. I fell behind the pace I wanted to achieve. In the end, I was able to finish. It was my worst time, but best finish. Like the article states, I had to adjust my plan and execution.


Image source:
http://studentaffairscollective.org/preparation-before-promotion/


The full article can be found here:
Click here for the full article




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved