Monday, September 1, 2014

Dress rehearsal!

I was so excited for my "dress rehearsal" today. This references the benefit classic half marathon in Dubuque, IA. I have run the race before, but this course was amazingly difficult. The conditions were hot and humid. I ran a solid race. I learned a few things today, here is a summary:

1. For the marine corps marathon, I will download my spotify list for "offline". Today, I experienced some issues with connectivity.
2. I need to purchase a handheld that is larger (20 ounces). I used the tailwind nutrition today and it worked out great (@gotailwind).
3. Take aleve before running. Today, I waited until I got home and was a little sore.
4. Smiling while running really works, I need to do it all of the time.
5. I ran hard today. My core worked great in the stretch and my quads burned it up. The cross training really helped conquer the hills.
6. Appreciate the run. Today, I saw some truly "gutsy" performances. Each of the runners towards the end of the pack really battled the course. You guys define the term finish!
7. The volunteers are amazing! Thank you all for the support, water and kind words! You all ROCK!



Image Source:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mississippi-Valley-Running-Association-MVRA/205604062785603


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved