Monday, September 15, 2014

Trait #1- Resilience

Competitor magazine has an article discussing their 7 habits of mentally tough runners. This week I will put my spin on the 7 traits. Trait #1 is resilience. This year, I had a difficult race. The race itself was awesome, but it took a ton out of me. I struggled to reconcile the physical part of running again and my confidence was a little shaky. Interestingly enough, I had a 16 mile run the week after the difficult race. I ran the 16 extremely well. However, I had to resolve myself to putting the bad race behind me. It worked!!! Resilience is key. Tomorrow, I will talk about focus:)




Image source:
http://resilient-families.com/

The full article can be found here:
Click here for the full article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved