Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reflections from the week!

This week was a tough training week, as it was full of longer runs for me. I really enjoyed it. Yesterday, the week was capped off by a 19.5 mile run. During this run, I was emotional. It was because I thought of the Marine Corps Marathon and all of the support I have received from friends, family, donors (Diabetes in Action), and fellow runners.

The result of the 19.5 mile run was this: I feel so amazingly confident about this full marathon. It's going to be my best effort ever. I call it my first "away" game. I still have some time to go and will need to finish the rest of my longer runs. Yesterday was a big step forward.

My cousin Clarence is running the MCM too, and I know he is going to ROCK! He is a great father, husband, cousin, doctor, and served in the U.S. Airforce. It's going to be awesome to see him.

It means the world to me that Teri and Nile will be at the MCM to cheer me on. The amount of sacrifice a family goes through, so a family member can run a full marathon is amazing. Thank you for making the sacrifice! For all of the other runners out there, I thank your families...and remember to thank them yourself. When you cross the finish line, it's just as much about them too. It is a total team effort. You just happen to be the one physically doing it:)

It may be simple things like hiding water bottles, talking about strategy, lending a supportive ear and definitely the time sacrifice.


Image source:
http://running.competitor.com/2011/06/news/marine-corps-marathon-opens-transfer-program_29648

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved