Tuesday, September 23, 2014

8 Mile!

OK. I haven't finished the 7 traits, but felt like a quick diversion. Today, I ran an 8 mile training run. I was so excited to run it and the experience was purely awesome!

You may be asking yourself, did he really say that? Yes. I sure did. Let me give you some background as to why. First, I have grown to really love the 8 mile distance. It is long enough to really test you physically and it a really neat experience mentally.

Yesterday, I was telling a friend about my excitement for running the 8 miles and she said "you are really crazy". I tried explaining the "why" behind the excitement and failed to do so accurately. Today, I ran to U2's new album called "Songs of Innocence". A couple of my favorite tracks on the album include "The Miracle", "Every Breaking Wave", "Iris" and "California". The album is free on iTunes for iCloud customers. I applaud Apple and U2 for taking such a daring move. The boys from Ireland really sound great!

I really enjoyed the album and it really helped me through the 8 miler. You should download the album, if you haven't already.

You can download it here:
http://www.apple.com/U2/

Here is why I love the album: Songs of Innocence has its roots in the band’s early and lifelong influences, including the Ramones, Bob Dylan, and The Clash, as well as their formative years in Dublin and their transformative pilgrimage to California. It’s a collection of songwriting and music made possible only by shared time and life experiences.



Image source:
http://www.acclaimmag.com/uncategorized/vibe-uncovers-8-things-about-8-mile-we-didnt-know/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved