Monday, March 31, 2014

I am all in!

My Dad was a marine. After a long a training run, he was being check out by a physician. He was medically discharged for having “flat feet”.  The training runs were critical in assessing a marine’s ability to handle combat conditions. My Dad really wanted to actively serve and felt terrible about being discharged. He only talked to me about this rarely and mentioned it just before he died. I am glad that he didn't go to Vietnam because I might not be here. My Dad was also a diabetic.   

When researching a Fall race, I did some big time soul searching. My search landed me to a familiar place. It is a place of redemption- big time.

I am signed up to run the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC. I will be running/raising money for the Diabetes Action Team. This will be a tremendous challenge for me. My family will be making the trip to support me, which is so important. I appreciate all of the support from both my family and friends. You are all amazing.

This will be a great story of redemption. My flat feet, running to help diabetes research, at a historic place my Dad loved, in memory of the greatest marine I will ever know- my Dad. The journey will be personal, and I can’t wait to share it with you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved