Monday, March 3, 2014

Planning to Succeed!


Finishing a full marathon begins with planning. First, you start with the date of your race and work back from there. Most training programs are in the 12 to 18 week range. The training programs I run with are 18 weeks. It may seem silly, but downloading the course map is essential. I take a peek at the location of the aid stations, porta potties, water stops, etc. From here, I map out my consumption of energy gels, race gear, backup gear, etc. 

During my training, I map out my pace per mile and try to stick to that plan during the beginning of a race. Sometimes I get so obsessed with the numbers that I find myself measuring everything that doesn't need it. WOW. Talk about crazy!

I like to visualize what success looks like. I see myself finishing well. I like to imagine who will be there and what they will be doing and saying.

It may seem like a ton of effort, but planning to this level is essential for successfully completing the “full marathon”.


Image Source:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved