Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Falling Down

Truth be told, we all fall down. It’s what we do after that defines us. When I first started running, I had a really bad fall. I was running along, tripped on a manhole and fell into a big pile of gravel and goose feathers. Talk about grace! What a mess!

The fall really hurt. I skinned my hands, knees and the gravel really stung. What hurt more was my pride. It’s not fun to take a big spill in front of people. Getting back reminded me of what I have done since a young age. You fall and get back up. Repeat. The day you stop getting back up, well that’s not something we talk about here.

Marathon training has its share of ups and downs. When you fall, get back up. Falling is going to happen, it’s natural. Get back up. Enjoy your life and the ride!


Image Source:

http://delphianinc.com/wp/a-poem/michael-douglas-in-falling-down/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved