Saturday, July 12, 2014

A new experience at the end of week 1: marathon training!

Week 1 rocked the house. I ran well and really focused on my strategies, pace and overall time. For the most part, I improved all week. In addition, I maintained my cross training during the week too. Today, I tried biking (officially). I did not know what to expect. It was a HUGE surprise!!!

For all of my friends who bike, please don't get mad or laugh at me. I will tell you my surprise, and it stems from the fact that I thought biking would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I did 5.5 miles with hills. What a killer workout.
I respect biking to the fullest know and am excited to keep working it in my schedule for training. While on my ride this morning, it rained like the dickens. That was fun for me, but it affected my GPS watch. It's a great watch that is waterproof. Something must have happened to the seal, because it had a bit of water inside. YIKES! It is taking a dip in a bowl of rice- keep your fingers crossed. :)

I can't wait for week 2...oh and it's 105 days until the big race. I am so excited! WOO HOO!


Image source:
http://www.southbaybikes.com/brands/diamondback.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved