Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What a journey!

I am heading toward the second half of my training week and I am excited. Here's a quick set of reasons why I am excited about the second half of this training week:

  • My legs were feeling tired a few times going into runs and I performed better than I felt.
  • I am extremely motivated by improvement.
  • This week I have been consistent and improving.
  • I am getting close to my target weight for the marathon.
  • Long runs can help you solve things, I have a 12 mile run at the end of the week and I plan on a productive physical and mental run. 
  • In 87 days, I will run the marine corps marathon and will PR. Yes you did just read that! 
  • #BOOM
  • In regard to my note about consistency, my favorite athlete of all time is Cal Ripken Jr. He was such a great role model. I loved his consistency. You could set your watch to his dependability. Here is a fun picture of the iron horse.

Image source: 
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/oriolepark/milestones.jsp

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved