Monday, June 16, 2014

PR Scandal???

This weekend, I ran the Grandview Gallop in Dubuque, IA. For a race of this distance, I am proud to report a PR! At the beginning of the race, I thought about my legs being tired...and quickly wiped that thought away- FAST!

I ran well and was able to record a PR- WOO HOO! Afterwards, I received a ton of questions from reporters. Here is a brief transcript:

Reporter: How did you feel throughout the race?
Jim: At the start, I didn't feel like my legs were at their best. Physically, my legs felt sluggish. However, mentally I felt solid.
Reporter: With your legs feeling sluggish, how did you manage to earn a PR?
Jim: I was able to blast through in BEAST MODE and had a great first mile. From there it was managing to the distance.
Reporter: Some of your fellow runners are circulating a scandal that you had an extra foot in the race. Is this true?
Jim: Just smiles.
Reporter: No seriously, did you have an extra foot in this race?
Jim: BOOM SHAKKA LAKKA.
Reporter: What does that mean?
Jim: No further questions:)

I really love the fact that my son is always with me. I thought about my Dad during the run too. I miss him. During the run, I would say a quick prayer of thanks for my family. My wife Teri is so supportive of my running, and I so appreciate that! I wore a Calico Bean Market shirt during the race and people would say they LOVE the peanut butter!

As for the extra foot in the race, here is proof.
The results (I was soooo close to breaking the 10 minute mile:)):
and last but not least....taking it to the shack! Thanks Mia Burbach for taking the photo and for volunteering!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved