Monday, June 9, 2014

Sleepy Head

Last night, I said to my wife Teri "I am so excited for my morning run tomorrow". I told myself, pop up out of bed at 5:30 a.m..

Sounds great- right? I am motivated, internal alarm clock is ready.

Teri nudges me to wake up at 5:30 a.m. on the dot.

Jim wakes and talks himself into closing his eyes for five minutes. At 6:10 a.m. Teri said "Jim did you run yet".

In a flash, I shoot up and had to run really fast to get my mileage in. I was glad I did it, but mad at myself.

The moral of the story...listen to your body, get to bed early and rise early. Your body needs to rest to be in tip top shape.

OK...here we go again, I am excited for my morning run tomorrow. My goal to get up and out the door by 5:40 a.m. This way, I can get more miles in.

WOO HOO!


Image source:
http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/File:WoodSleepingSnoopy.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved