Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's not where you start, it is how you finish!

As a business person who recruits talent, I always say this "It's not where you start, it is how you finish!" This is so true. All careers start small and turn into something. That something is up to you.

This is a close parallel to running a race. I have talked to many runners and have experienced this first hand. Getting to the start line is the first step to being awesome. Being awesome in a race is finishing. Often people ask me "how long did that race take you?", which is a simple question. Anymore, I will just answer with a "I finished".

Below is a picture of a group of people (I am the bald guy pictured) starting the Heritage Trail run in Dubuque, IA. To date, it was my best 10K finish. I have many memories from this race, but the most memorable is the finish:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved