Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Great Success Story



Yesterday, I was so proud of Meb. He won the Boston Marathon and did it with pure heart!!!! The announcers were talking about his age (he is too old), the others will make a move and beat him, it's been so long since an American won at Boston, etc. In 2010, he placed fifth at Boston and hobbled to the finish line with a torn quadricep muscle.

Meb is a tremendous runner. He doesn't get the credit others in the sport do. However, he won the Boston marathon and was a gracious winner. He even quoted John Wooden! You know I love that!

Although I am older, Meb and I could be twins! Here are the similarities between us:

  • We both run marathons and finish them.
  • We both have faith (see him making the sign of the cross multiple times toward the end of the marathon).
  • We both have excitement (see the fist pumps toward the finish). 
  • We both are thankful.
  • He quotes John Wooden.
  • We both work hard. 
  • We both are bald!
  • We both wear Skechers Go Run 2's!
  • We are both FAST! OK- Meb is fast and I think that I am:)
read this if you like Meb:

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/04/meb_keflezighi_s_incredible_american_success_story















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved