Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Water!

Staying hydrated is the #1 aspect of running a successful race. It may sound silly, but I remember Hal Higdon talking about “practicing your drinking”. OK- I am Irish, so you can see where that might lead me down a wrong path.  Tee hee!

In any event, Hal did not mean Guinness like I had hoped. He meant practice drinking water or energy drinks during your training. I never thought about that before, but after running a number of long distance races…it makes a ton of sense. You have to practice to make sure you don’t take in too much, too little or too fast.


Image Source:

http://www.predatornutrition.com/en/content/six-reasons-to-stay-hydrated/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking News
Loading...
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Marathon: My personal journey All Right Reserved